Running Gooseberry Farm with Ecotourism Guest Cottages | AGF0385
- Price in R(mil): 16.50
- SKU: AGF0385
- Available: Yes
- Farm Type: Irrigation, Fruit, Guest Farm, Ecotourism, Farms
This 53 ha farm with spectacular natural beauty, is quietly nestled in the mountains at the end of a valley along the Langeberge.
Here is the perfect opportunity to enter a unique niche market of an already established primary supplier of choice directly to SA's major retailers.
In addition to purchasing the farm as well as the intellectual property associated with the business, the new owner also inherits a foothold as a potential exporter to Europe.
This is a highly productive berry operation with pack store, cold storage and freezer facilities.
Due to careful plant selection, considerable progress has been made to improve production yields dramatically.
Products are delivered and sold directly to South Africa’s major premium retailers.
All machinery and vehicles necessary to run this lucrative operation are included in the sale.
The business with all its goodwill, business contacts, packaging material, management systems, costing models, history, client list, suppliers etc included.
The farm and pack-store are fully certified in terms of GlobalGAP, food hygiene, ethical audit, GRASP, Kosher and Halaal.
The farm and pack shed managers are contracted to the farm so continuity of skills is assured.
The primary income generator is the berry business which is operated as a separate business entity that is not linked to the farm. The pack-shed processes berries from other producers as well throughout the country, hereby assuring supply all year round.
A brand new 30 kw automatic frost-fan with remote sensors and an on-line weather station was recently installed.
No farm workers reside on the farm neither have any lived on the farm for the past 22 years.
HOUSING & INFRASTRUCTURE
2 Main houses and 3 guest cottages
- The main farm house has 4 bedrooms with 2 inter-locking bathrooms and a separate toilet.
- A delightful Dover wood stove is found in the family room plus a Jetmaster fireplace in the dining area for the chilly winter evenings.
- In summer enjoy entertaining at the spacious undercover patio which has a built-in braai.
- There is a second smaller house with 2 bedrooms and a full bathroom with separate toilet.
- An added benefit to this sale is a successful tourism trade provided through 3 self-catering guest cottages on the farm.
Guests may hand-pick fresh produce from the herb and vegetable garden.
Meander through the beautiful rose garden next to the swimming pool.
These cottages have become extremely popular to folk seeking a peaceful farm-style break from city life.
Planning approvals are already in place to significantly increase the footprint and size of the self-catering cottages, to build an additional primary residence in a prime view spot on the farm and to convert existing buildings on the farm into a restaurant seating up to 100 people. In effect, planning approvals already in place will allow the construction of a total of over 950 m² of residential/tourism facilities.
- Plenty of good mountain water available
- two certified boreholes delivering 50,000 l/h and 12,000 l/h.
- There are two reservoirs of 220 m³
INCLUDED IN THE SALE
- 2 x John Deere tractors
- 1 x John Deere ride-on lawnmower
- 2 x quad bikes
- 1 x Toyota Hilux 4x4 bakkie
- 1 x Hino refrigerated truck (-22 up to 15 degrees centigrade) with tail lift.
- 1 x 28-seater Tata Bus (new only 10,000 km on clock)
- 1 x 30 kw automated electrical frost fan installed to minimize frost damage to berries.
- All furniture in the three guest cottages
- All workshop equipment
- All movable stock on the farm eg poles, pipe fittings, wire etc.
- All moveable furniture, computers and equipment in the pack-store
- All packaging and labels (including specially printed stock for export)
- Trailers, sprays, grader blade, rippers etc
Note that all vehicles have full service records
The current owner undertakes to provide 6 weeks of his time and all intellectual property associated with the farm and berry business (included in the sale price) spread out over a 6-month period, to ensure full and effective handover of the business to the new owner.
This rare and unique investment opportunity is sold as a going concern.