Farm for sale on top of Winterhoek Mountain close to Porterville in the Western Cape of South Africa. This mostly mountainous farm is best suited for the adventurer in us wanting to get away from it all and live off the grid, but still close enough to town to be able to do daily trips.
The property uses solar and generators to provide power and gets it water from crystal clear boreholes in the mountain. Farming activities at the moment is about 4ha of boegoe, but there is about 17ha of area cleared where you can farm.
It snows occasionally not thick, the winterhoek mountains, which can be seen from the farm, the peaks have snow, as far as the cold is concerned it is the normal cold which is experienced in the western cape, being Cape Town or the Farm you dress accordingly. Both the dwellings have internal fireplaces
Running Concern: Y or N
- 4ha boegoe
- No fencing
- To create fire breaks in the mountain is not feasible, as the firebreaks would have to be exceptionally wide to contain the fire, however if a fire does occur there are resources that try and contain the fire in the mountain, both human and air support. All the crops have firebreaks as well as all the buildings and infrastructures
HOUSING & INFRASTRUCTURE
Main House, there is a separate building consisting of a Guest Cottage fully equiped, Generator Room with a 3 Phase Diesel Generator with switch gear for the Borehole pump and a Store Room: Spare diesel motor for the Generator and chopped and refined firewood and other incidentals.
- 1 guest cottage
- 1 labor cottage
- Separate Building: Consisting of 3 Separate Entities
- A: large Equipped Workshop with Tool’s / Steel Racks / Portable Generator / Portable Compressor / Portable Water Pumps.
- B: 3 Bays: 2 Tractor Bay’s housing a Hodge 4x4 Centre Swivel Tractor / 434 International Tractor. Bay 3: Houses: Scraper with a 3 meter blade / Disc Plough / Grop / 2 Blade Plough / PVC Pipes
- C: Recently completed store C
- Borehole 20 000l/h
- Other one not use but water available
- Drinkable and crystal clear, I even bring this water back to Cape Town in 25 Litre containers for family and friends as it has no additives
- Gas for cooking and hot water
- No Eskom power
INCLUDED IN THE SALE
- 2 tractors
- Generators, spare and backup
- Workshop tools
- Everything you need to run the farm.
Beverlac camp is - As the crow flies +/- 4.5 KM – by road from the farm house to the camp site +/- 8 KM - there is no noise pollution.
No problems in terms of theft for the past 15 years of owning the farm.