Irrigation, Livestock, Wheat Farm | AGF0052
- Price in R(mil): 25
- SKU: AGF0052
- Available: Yes
- Size in Ha: 1649
- Soil Type: Sand
- Power Supply: Eskom
- Farm Type: Irrigation, Livestock, Wheat, Farms
Irrigation livestock and wheat farm for sale around Hopefield on the West Coast of the Western Cape of South Africa.
Total Land area: 1649 Ha divided as follows:
- 143Ha Irrigation land consisting of 11 cleared circles of 13Ha each. These circles are fully equipped with underground water pipes and electric cables and 2 13Ha Pivots and one 6.5Ha Pivot (4 months old) are currently in use. Everything is in very good working condition
- +/- 350Ha arable dry-land
- 1156Ha natural veld
A. Water supply for the irrigation system:
- Boreholes supplying each +/- 65k water per hour feeding a dam that holds 2500k which in turn is currently equipped with 2 x 22 kw pumps to feed the pivots. These boreholes are lined inside the steel casings with 12mm PVC pipe to last for life.
- 1 borehole delivering between 5-10k liter per hour. It is not equipped because there is currently enough water.
B. Fresh water.
- The main fresh water supply to Saldanha borders the south western side of the farm and 2 watering points have been installed for livestock use.
- The main water supply to Veldrift crosses the farm from south to north and a 25 mm drawoff is in use for household purposes
- Three more boreholes are in use for stock watering purposes. Each hole delivers about 16000 liters per hour and is fully equipped with solar submersible pumps and 10000 liter storage tanks
- Seven fresh water fountains delivering water continuously through the year are currently in use but there are quite a few more that only need to be opened and cleaned.
Camps and Fencing:
- The farm is divided into 23 camps all with drinking water for the animals.
- The boundary fencing is all in very good condition. It has all been servicd and replaced during 2009 and 2010.
- All the camps are fenced.
- All of the irrigated circles are also fenced so that different camps can be utilized during the year.
- All fences are in good general repair.
- 3 Escom points. (50kva , and 2x100kva)
- Main dwelling: Build in 2002 and is 330m Sq. Brick with insulated tile roof
- House two: Build in 2005 and is 105m Sq. Brick with insulated tile roof. Both the houses have secure fencing all around.
- Workers house x3
- Ablution block x1 with 2 bathrooms and washing area.
- Barn one: 600m Sq. Accommodate a complete potato processing plant in good maintenance and repair
- Barn two:670m Sq
- Barn three: 60m Sq. Can be used as small milking facility
- Double garage 40m Sq
- Storage room 24m Sq
- Stables x 3
- Chicken pens x 2
- Dog kennels x3
- Cattle kraal with loading ramp.
The farm is ideal for growing potatoes, maize and oats.
Cattle, Sheep and goats (Boerbok)do very well