Livestock Irrigation Vegetable Farm | AGF0400
- Price in R(mil): 15.00
- SKU: AGF0400
- Available: No
- Size in Ha: 2018
- Farmhouse: 1
- Farm Type: Irrigation, Livestock, Vegetable, Farms
Irrigation and livestock farm almost on the Atlantic ocean on the West Coast.
Proven potato farming and production of seed potatoes. Far away from any other potato farming activities.
Veld and fynbos vegetation is extremely suitable for wool and/or mutton producing sheep, with good grass growth in normal rainfall years. The moist and mist conditions from the coast enhance the moist keeping of the pure red sand-loam soils, which is suitable for a variety of crops.
- Most of ± 200 ha arable land is served by the pivots with the benefit of good crop rotation
- The soils are suitable for vegetable crop
- Although the farm is near the sea it is very favorable for potato production during the high summer season because of the cool breeze from the sea and the night temperatures lower the temperatures of the soils considerably.
- This is also favorable for the production of white wine cultivars and also for the quality of red cultivars. A proven fact on a nearby farm.
There is a servitude dam on the premises in favor of the Matzikama Municipality, but is on the border and don’t interfere with the agricultural activities.
HOUSING & INFRASTRUCTURE
There is a house on the farm, but a former manager has usufruct of the house for life.
Irrigation is done with pivots which are fed directly from the boreholes.
- Water is from boreholes and two equipped boreholes deliver 90 cub.m/h and pump from there directly into the three pivots;
- 2 x 12 ha pivots and 1 x 2,5 ha.
- Registered water is ± 350,000 cub.m and is of good quality.
Seed potatoes were produced with great success with the water. The water registration is already in a verification process as is all water registrations across the Province