Running Gooseberry Farm with Ecotourism Guest Cottages | AGF0385
- Price in R(mil): 7.90
- SKU: AGF0385
- Available: Yes
- Size in Ha: 53
- Farm Type: Irrigation, Fruit, Guest Farm, Ecotourism, Farms
This 53 ha farm with spectacular natural beauty, is quietly nestled in the mountains at the end of a valley along the Langeberge.
This is a highly productive berry operation with a pack store, cold storage and freezer facilities.
The farmer is moving into juice business and needs a 3-year rental contract on the pack store and 2 of the cottages at R35k per month.
The new owner has various options available
- Keep the existing gooseberries and sell to the existing owner, thus keeping the farm as is
- Remove all gooseberries and start fresh with any other fruit
- Increase the tourism part of the farm and set up a wedding venue and restaurant
- Run as a lifestyle farm
- Fresh Gooseberry business and contracts can be negotiated
- 8ha gooseberries
- Pack store
No farm workers reside on the farm neither have any lived on the farm for the past 22 years.
HOUSING & INFRASTRUCTURE
2 Main houses and 3 guest cottages
- The main farm house has 4 bedrooms with 2 inter-locking bathrooms and a separate toilet.
- A delightful Dover wood stove is found in the family room plus a Jetmaster fireplace in the dining area for the chilly winter evenings.
- In summer enjoy entertaining at the spacious undercover patio which has a built-in braai.
- There is a second smaller house with 2 bedrooms and a full bathroom with a separate toilet.
- An added benefit to this sale is a successful tourism trade provided through 3 self-catering guest cottages on the farm.
Guests may hand-pick fresh produce from the herb and vegetable garden.
Meander through the beautiful rose garden next to the swimming pool.
These cottages have become extremely popular with folk seeking a peaceful farm-style break from city life.
Planning approvals are already in place to significantly increase the footprint and size of the self-catering cottages, to build an additional primary residence in a prime view spot on the farm and to convert existing buildings on the farm into a restaurant seating up to 100 people. In effect, planning approvals already in place will allow the construction of a total of over 950 m² of residential/tourism facilities.
- Plenty of good mountain water available
- two certified boreholes delivering 50,000 l/h and 12,000 l/h.
- There are two reservoirs of 220 m³
The farm has various options available from just a lifestyle farm to a tourism farm to a full-on multipurpose property.