Livestock Irrigation Farm | AGF0330
- Price in R(mil): 7.5
- SKU: AGF0330
- Available: Yes
- Size in Ha: 1640
- Farmhouse: yes
- Outbuildings: yes
- Water: Boreholes, dams
- Farm Type: Irrigation, Livestock, Farms
So much potential, with breath taking views and situated next to a large game reserve, which boasts of the BIG FIVE, slap bang, here in the beautiful Western Cape! Sharing 7 km of high game fences, which just promotes more opportunities for this beauty! A square section of the farm has high fences on three sides already in place, so keeping costs down, should your dreams include game farming. The safety and security is such that even exotic game can be part of your vision!
- Farming with Nguni cattle (optional included)
- 400ha arable,resting for years, has gown back to natural state and can be planted with lucerne, nuts, fruit or veggies
- 8ha planted with grazing
- 12ha is newly ripped
WATER & IRRIGATION
- Water catchment area feeds into 2 big dams and 3 smaller man made dams for irrigation and drinking water
- 6 cleaned boreholes with total of 50 000l per hour
- With so much water, if you can dream it, you can do it! Two of these boreholes are serviced, one with a submersible and one with a Solar Pump, in good working order
HOUSING & INFRASTRUCTURE
- The renovations on the Karoo-style farmhouse is entering completion.
- Now the house brags with 4 x bedrooms, 3 en-suite bathrooms, open plan lounge/kitchen area, built-in braai/fire place and storage room.
- This dwelling is nestled in a Karoo type garden with HUGE trees and exceptional views. The starlit nights are so spectacular, you really need to witness this!
- Other outbuildings are a newly renovated barn (175m²), another shed
- 3 labourers’ cottages, all strongly built but in need of a little T.L.C.
Not much farming activities going on at the moment, but this farm provides you with a clean canvass where you can start farming to your heart’s desire. A section of arable land close to the house is already cleaned and planted with Oats, which is doing very well, lots more can be done, if you so wish.
The Labourers’ cottages can easily be renovated for an extra rental income or to promote Tourism. With the beautiful rolling hills and valleys, lots of peace and quiet and a good road network of about 10km, it would be a very popular tourist destination, especially situated next to a Big 5 Game Reserve. Come see for yourself.
The beauty of this farm is so tangible; it was used by Film Makers to shoot Adverts! You have definitely seen this advert on T.V, just stunning! This working farm offers loads of potential, especially for a person with vision. Do not miss out on this rare opportunity. Phone now for an appointment!