Potato | Livestock | Wheat Farm | AGF0324
- Price in R(mil): 47.7
- SKU: AGF0324
- Available: Yes
- Size in Ha: 935
- Water: 160ha water rights
- Farm Type: Irrigation, Livestock, Vegetable
This working potato farm in the Sandveld lies approximately 25 km from Lamberts Bay. A good market for the potatoes through annual contracts, ensure a substantial income. The Farm has 3 title deeds.
The farm is for sale as a running concern and includes implements and office equipment.
- 4 x 20 Ha pivots and 2 x 7 ha pivots
- 20 x 20 Ha circles and 3 x 7 Ha circles - all equipped
9 permanent workers
HOUSING & INFRASTRUCTURE
- large steel shed with lean-to, undercover loading area, and fully equipped office, with a view on operations
- potato sorting machine and washer
- workers' cottages
- The house is a sturdy 3 bedroom, face brick building
- a competent manager currently stays in the farmhouse
- 10 equipped boreholes (353 500 L/Hr)
- 2 lined storage dams with pumps
- further boreholes with the capacity of 84 600 L/Hr drilled but not currently in use
- water is registered for 160 Ha/year for potatoes
INCLUDED IN THE SALE
A list of implements included in the sale is available on request
The farm has huge potential for expansion. The existing Dohne-merino herd can be increased and vegetables, fruit, and Lucerne will thrive in this area. Due to vegetation consisting of reeds and small shrubs, it is relatively easy to prepare new lands.
Potatoes are planted and harvested throughout the year, except for winter. The farm then generates an income by making its equipment and labor available for other producers.
This is an excellent investment which will be difficult for a commercial bank to equal.