“A piece of heaven” situated in the sought after Groenfontein valley close to Calitzdorp (and close to the popular R62 route) located at the foot of the majestic Swartberg mountains. The farm is bordered by and supplied by the Nel’s river.
The farm is in a Cc that can be taken over
- 26ha arable land
- 9ha planted with +-5200 olive trees, mainly for olive oil production and include Frontoio, Leccino, Coratina, Mission and Nocellara
- 1ha for table olives
- The olive trees were planted in 2008 and are therefore close to reaching optimum production levels.
- * 223ha on 3 title deeds and then 1 title deed of 356ha adjacent to the farm that is 50% owned
- 5 labor houses
- 10 people living there
- 1 on the payroll - only paying part of his salary to look after the farm
- Normal 1.2m fence
- Part of the farm is next to a game farm with game fencing
One old Government School Building (<0.5 ha) on property
HOUSING & INFRASTRUCTURE
- 2 x stores
- 2 x houses (one house recently renovated with 2 bedrooms & 3 bathrooms, large attic with veranda, large open plan living area, undercover patio and outside braai area)
- The other house is still in original condition with yellow wood ceilings – (to be renovated) – Potential guest house opportunity
- Computerized drip irrigation using gravitation
- Large dam om the property - not sure what the cubes are
- On the river frontage with water rights and permits (18 hours bi-weekly water rights to pump from the river)
- Water is pumped from the river via a solar pump
- Water to the houses via the dam and/or additional water tanks.
RATES AND TAXES
Plus-minus R2500-R3500 per year for the water and the rates is also a few hundred rands per year - not really enough to for a big part of calculations
- Solar power
- No Eskom
INCLUDED IN THE SALE
There are equipment and furniture etc that can be part of the sale, but that will form part of the negotiation
The farm offers an excellent opportunity for further development of game farming and offers guest house potential. The farm is situated close to major tourist attractions such as the Cango caves, Swartberg Pass, port & wine farms and various other scenic routes.