AGF0041 - Game, Livestock & Olive Grove Guest Farm
- Price in R(mil): Sold
- SKU: AGF0041
- Available: No
- Size in Ha: 1649
- Farm Type: Game, Livestock, Olive, Guest Farm
Game livestock olive grove guest farm for sale around Beaufort West in the Karoo district of the Western Cape, South Africa.
The farm is divided into 7 camps,which all have water provided by means of dams, windmills and solar pumps.
Veld is sweet with a fair amount of river veld.Carrying capacity is about 6ha/ ssu.
Lambs are finished off the veld at about 5-6 months of age. There are more than adequate stock handling facilities. (two sets of sheep Kraals) The farm should carry about 750 ewes.(given existing game population)
Present owner is a registered Meatmaster breeder and is slowly converting to a Meatmaster stud. (Midaz Meatmasters)
Meatmaster newly born lambs
The farm is well developed for the tourist business and includes the following.
The Star Grading Council Of SA has graded the guest facility and restaurant with 3 Stars.
- Seven luxury self- catering chalets ,fully equipped, each having two bedrooms,bathroom,lounge and kitchen. Chalets have DSTV and air conditioning /heating.
- Six suites with bathrooms en suite (completed 9 Dec 06),with air conditioning DSTV,Queen size bed as well as one single bed in a nook.
- Swimming pool with braai facilities and thatched lapa.
- A restored typical Karoo house which has the reception office,bar,lounge, kitchen, dining room(doubles for small conferences),bedroom and bathroom en suite, toilet and two store rooms.
- Lapa with braai facility and thatched bar area.
- Walking trail.
- Olive Grove offers accommodation, weddings ,conferences and hunting.
- We have an updated website
Approximately 5500 trees, 10- 12 yrs old Trees are the Mission variety with some Frantoio for cross pollination. Irrigation is by means of micro spitters.Three boreholes do 2000 trees each. Trees are looking to do well and Karoo olives have a unique taste due to the lime and other nutrients in the soil. The Olives have the potential to realize huge profits.
Currently we produce Olive Oil, Olives in Brine, Black and green, Olive paste, Olive Jam and Olive chutney
Our brand name is Midaz Olives.
All products are bar coded.
- Springbuck ,about 100.
- Blesbuck about 10.
- Ostriches about 20 adults.
- Kudu are not fenced and come and go at lib.
- Gemsbok 25
- There is also small game like duiker,steenbok,tortoises etc.
Suites & shed & Flat Chalet Main residence
Main residence and farm buildings.
The main residence has four bedrooms, three bathrooms(two en suite),modern kitchen ,pantry,laundry,lounge,dining room etc.It has its own swimming pool as well.
There is a two bedroom flat with shower/toilet and lounge. The flat also has its own small but modern kitchen.Presently the flat is occupied by our managerial couple.
The sheds are magnificent and consist of one of 355msq another of 740msq.The workshop is a separate shed of 185msq and has a pit and toolroom.The buildings are very much above average compared to anywhere else in the Karoo.
Labour: No labour resides on the farm, they come in from town when needed.
Power: Power is supplied by ESCOM ,the farm has five transformers.
Water Supply: Three boreholes equipped with submersibles supply the Olive Orchards.
Two boreholes (interconnected) supply guest facility and domestic use.
For stock watering there are three solar pumps(boreholes) ,one windmill and numerous dams.
A large dam of 28 Ha(when full) keeps the underground supply constant .
There are numerous boreholes that are not equipped.
Communication: There are three Telkom lines as well as cellular phone reception.A new Wi Fi installation.(internet communication is super fast)
PRICE: R13 500 000 including game and all equipment related to the guest facility,
The farm is presently in a VAT registered Trust.
THIS PROPERTY WAS SOLD - IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SIMILAR - FILL IN THE FORM BELOW AND WE WILL FIND IT FOR YOU