The farm is situated in a beautiful part of the Montagu district, in the Klein Karoo, Western Cape province of South Africa. 2.5 hours drive from Cape Town, within close proximity to two towns, 73km (1hr 14 min)from Montagu and 30.7km (41 min) to Touwsriver.
This mountainous terrain stretches over 4000ha boasting a rich variety of fauna and flora. It is home to animals such as Springbok, Gemsbok, Eland, Kudu, Red Hartebeest, Black Wildebeest, rare Bontebok and the Cape Mountain Zebra, as well as free-roaming leopards.
The farm boasts a wide variety of plants ranging from the thousands of Proteas to the small inconspicuous orchids and Erica’s. The range of plants in their natural environment is sure to impress.
- 6 ha: Irrigation (Luserne), sprinkle irrigation.
- 9 ha: Dry land with underground mainlines.
- 2748 ha: Natural pastures (Mountain land).
- 1479 ha: Natural pastures (Plains).
- 73 ha: Irrigation (Under shade netting for the growing of plants & trees).
- 8m Game fenced
- 1 Camp.
HOUSING & INFRASTRUCTURE
- House (Manager): 2 Bedrooms & 2 bathrooms.
- Accommodation for guests:
- Eland house: Sleeps 6 guests- 3 bedrooms on suite.
- Springbok house: Sleeps 6 guests 3 Bedrooms & 1 bathroom.
- Gemsbok house: Sleeps 4 guests- 2 Bedrooms, separate toilet and bathroom.
- Zebra house: Sleeps 5 guests- 2 Bedrooms and 1 bathroom (Solar lights & gas geyser).
- Mongoose house: Can accommodate 52 guests(Group reservation)- 8 Bedrooms of which 2 bedrooms with their own bathrooms.
- Office and shed.
- Shed for implements- enclosed on 3 sides
- 4 Workers houses.
- 6 Boreholes: 2 not equipped, 2 with solar & 2 with submersible pumps.
- 3 x 10 000L tanks.
- 1 Earth dam (not registered) - for irrigation purposes.
- 12 smaller earth dams for livestock or game.