Wine and fruit farm for sale around Franschhoek in the Cape Winelands district of the Western Cape
The property is surrounded by breathtaking mountains, hugged by the majestic Berg River and is just 12 kilometres from the buzzing tourist attraction of Franschhoek and neighbouring the well known Bellingham, Boschendal and L'Ormarins wine estates. The property is approximately 12 km from Paarl, 15 km from Stellenbosch and 45 km from the centre of Cape Town and the Cape Town international Airport. The exclusive Bridgehouse Private School is no more than 1 kilometer from the main entrance to the farm.
The longest boundary of the farm is the Berg River from which we get water for irrigation, as the farm is listed on the Berg River water scheme which allows for 17 hectares irrigation.
Drinking water is from a borehole. Electricity is supplied direct from Escom.
The farm is presently planted with the following:
- Wine grapes: ±4 hectare Sauvignon Blanc
±1.5 hectare SA Riesling
- Lemons: ±1.5 hectare
- Pears: ±1.5 hectare
Buffalo grass: ±2.5 hectare - Buffalo grass is currently being sold for R42.00 per square meter. More Buffalo grass is being planted on an ongoing basis which will substantially increase the annual turnover.
There is a dam near the main homestead which is fed from a mountain stream running through the farm, a 12-hour use of this water is registered as a servitude.
- Large sitting room with solid yellowwood beams in the ceiling
- large fireplace
- large entertainment stoep or patio
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bedrooms en-suite with air conditioning
- large dining room with fireplace
- open plan office with air conditioning
- entrance hall
- kitchen with separate scullery
- store-room cum wine cellar
SECOND: THREE BEDROOM HOUSE
- Two bathrooms, one en-suite
- large modern open-plan kitchen
- entrance hall
- dining room
- sitting room with fireplace
THIRD: TWO BEDROOM HOUSE
- With open plan kitchen and dining room
- sitting room
- Self-contained - consisting of one bedroom
There are also two additional 2 bedroom houses with kitchen - bathroom - lounge
There are also 3 bachelor flats plus 4 labourers cottages
There are 4 labourers on the farm. None of the labourers qualify for permanent residence, however they have been on the farm for a number of years and could be an asset as they know the workings of the farm i.e. the irrigation system and farm equipment.